Have you got your ballgame food lineup ready? How about this Corned Beef Cheese Ball “Football” for your game day snacking? Really, this fabulous recipe is great for any time, and can be shaped or just put in a bowl for spreading.
If you follow me on Facebook, you know I’m a huge college football fan; with the SEC being my favorite conference. If there’s a game on, I’m watching it and I’m preparing football-watching snacking food.
Generally, I don’t pay any attention to professional football until the playoffs come around. But at this time of year, I’m geared up to watch the playoffs and the Super Bowl. Of course, there must be football food.
This cheese ball recipe is super simple and is a great one for the meat-loving football fanatics. Normally, the corned beef is completely mixed in with the cheese, but I’ve put about a third of it into the cheese ball and coated the outside with the rest so it would look more like a football (yes, I do love whimsy).
Years ago now my secretary, Anna, made this cheese ball for an office Christmas party. I loved it, so she shared the recipe with me. Honestly, it’s just so easy. Two 8 ounce packages of cream cheese are mixed with minced corned beef, green onions, Worcestershire sauce and garlic salt.
You just mix them up and you’re set. Really, you have to try this recipe.
- 2 -8 ounce packages cream cheese
- 4 ounces thinly sliced corned beef, minced
- 4-5 green onions, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Place the cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce and garlic salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the cheese is smooth.
- Remove the cream cheese mixture to a bowl.
- Add the corned beef and onions and stir to combine.*
- Chill for 2 hours before serving.
Atop a piece of parchment paper (so you can easily move it to a serving plate later), form the cream cheese mixture into a football shape.
Pat the remaining corned beef on the outside.