How about a super appetizer recipe for your Five Ingredient Friday today? I’ve got it and it could not be more simple, or tasty, or quick to throw together! Parmesan Artichoke Bread Crisps are today’s Five Ingredient Friday…and after this week? Shortcuts, oh how I love thee!
If you are under the impression that I don’t use shortcuts, well…HA! This super simple recipe is loaded with shortcuts! And it’s delicious, to boot! This week has just been crazy here with so many new projects for me to be focusing on that I got to today and realized that I didn’t have a Five Ingredient Friday post ready for you. Eeep!
I’ve been cooking and shooting all week long, but I was working on recipes for later posts thinking I had already done today’s recipe and shoot. Well, I had been ahead on my Five Ingredient Friday posts, but I had blown through all of them. Where does the time go? So, I got up this morning, dug around in my pantry and refrigerator and came up with this really fabulous appetizer for you!
Starting with an eleven-ounce refrigerated Pillsbury® Crusty French Loaf and adding a six-ounce jar of marinated artichoke hearts, some grated Parmesan cheese and a smidge of marinated roasted red pepper you’ve got fabulous, cheesy, flavourful bread crisps.
They are perfect for snacking, or spiffed up bread stick to accompany favourite pasta, they are ready in about 30 minutes, and there are only five ingredients. Win!
The five ingredients are:
- Pillsbury® Crusty French Loaf
- Yellow Corn Meal
- Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- Parmesan Cheese
- Marinated Roasted Red Pepper
You just pop open the Pillsbury® Crusty French Loaf, roll it out on a surface that is lightly sprinkled with corn meal, combine the other ingredients in a food processor and pulse to chop, spread that mixture onto the dough, cut strips with a pizza wheel, grind on some fresh black pepper and bake. Ta da!
Make these. You won’t regret it!
- 1 - 11 ounce roll of Pillsbury® Crusty French Loaf
- 1 tablespoon yellow corn meal
- 1 - 6 ounce jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon marinated roasted red pepper
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Sprinkle a surface with corn meal.
- Pop open the can of Pillsbury® Crusty French Loaf and place it on the corn meal surface.
- Roll out the dough until it is roughly 6" x 15".
- Combine the artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese and marinated roasted red pepper in a food processor and pulse until chopped fine.
- Spread the mixture on the top of the rolled out dough.
- Using a pizza wheel, cut strips about 1" in width, along the width of the dough. You should get 15 bread crisps that are about 6" long by an inch wide.
- Place the strips of dough on a baking sheet that has been lined with Silpat or parchment paper.
- Grind black pepper over the bread crisps.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the crisps are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot, or cool on a wire rack to serve at room temperature.