This super simple Pesto Linguine with Walnuts Mushrooms and Roasted Red Pepper recipe is nutritious, delicious, perfect for Meatless Monday and ready for the table in 20 minutes!
Hectic Mondays are a perfect time to bring a dinner to the table in about 20 minutes. This meatless version of pasta is filled with flavor, beautifully vibrant colors and it’s very nutritious, to boot.
While the pasta is cooking you simple saute some mushrooms in a bit of olive oil, add some sliced red onion, salt, pepper and some crushed red pepper flakes. When the pasta is finished, you drain it and add it immediately back into the hot pan, stir in some pesto sauce and stir it to combine.
The next step is simple to plate the pasta, pour on the mushrooms and onions, add the roasted red pepper, walnuts, some shaved Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
Done. The longest part of the preparation is bringing the pasta water to a boil. You really must try this recipe! It’s a keeper.
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked according to package instructions for al dente
- 4 ounces pesto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces of sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup red onion
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup toasted walnuts
- ¼ cup roasted red pepper
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Bring salted water to a boil and cook the pasta of your choice according to the package instructions for al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a small skillet, over medium heat, add the olive oil until it is hot.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the onions, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes and continue to saute for about 4 more minutes.
- When the pasta is done, drain and put immediately back into the hot pan.
- Add the pesto sauce and stir to combine.
- Plate the pasta and add the mushroom mixture from the skillet, the walnuts, roasted red peppers, Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Serve immediately.