It’s day two of #CookoutWeek and this Pork Burger recipe is a super way to enliven your grilling menu using ground pork instead of beef! After all, they are called “ham”burgers!
I’ve made burgers using ground pork before when I published this recipe for Pecan Crusted Pork Burgers. Filled with chipotle in adobo, onion and dried apricots, they were an amazingly delicious and really dressed up version of a burger. Certainly, they would work for any event where you were wanting to have an elegant version of a burger for your guests.
Today’s recipe is just as delicious! Honestly, there is something truly incredible about using pork instead of ground beef for a burger! To these, I’ve added fresh jalapeno and onion, along with some chili-lime seasoning. We’ve had them twice now, they are that good!
I ground my own pork, using a pork butt, because I am fanatical about removing gristle, connective tissue and controlling the fat. That said, most grocery stores do carry ground pork. If your local market doesn’t, ask the butcher on duty to grind some for you. They almost always will!
For the chili-lime seasoning, I used Urban Accents brand of Spicy Chili Lime seasoning. They market it for use on Corn on the Cob, but I use this seasoning on a LOT of different things! It was perfect for these burgers. There are many options of Chili Lime seasoning in most major markets, though. So, be sure to find some! It really makes these pork burgers special.
- 2 pounds ground pork
- ½ cup minced onion
- 1 medium minced fresh jalapeno (about 3 tablespoons)
- ¾ tablespoon chili lime seasoning blend
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients and using your hands, mix well to distribute the seasonings well through the pork.
- Divide the pork mixture to your desired burger size by weight and pat out.
- Heat your grill to high and cook the burgers for 2 minutes on each side, over direct flame.
- Remove the burgers from direct flame and cook for 4 minutes more on each side.
- Serve on buns with your favorite condiments.
- From blog host The PinterTest Kitchen: $100 Amazon gift card, to use to buy all the supplies you need for your next cookout
- From our sponsor The French Farm: A gift pack of gourmet products hand-crafted by small businesses and using only the finest ingredients – La Favorita Genovese Pesto, Caprichos del Guadalquivir Cadenera Orange Marmalade, and L’Abeille Occitane Lavender Honey
- From our sponsor Smokin’-Os: A sampler pack of their “smokin’-os” wood rings, to help you add wood-fired, smokey taste to your grilled foods, even if you don’t own a smoker
- From our sponsor Primal Kitchen: $200 of Primal Kitchen goodies, including condiments made with avocado oil and bars and shakes with grass-fed collagen
- From our sponsor Langers Juice Company: Your choice of 10 bottles of Langers Juice, with flavors including traditional Apple and Grape, as well as interesting mixes such as Pineapple Orange Coconut, Cranberry Blood Orange, and Mango Peach
- From our sponsor True Made Foods: A 3-bottle sampler pack of sauces with real flavors made from real vegetables and less sugar – Ketchup, BBQ, and Veracha
As one of the bonus entries in the giveaway, leave a comment on this blog post and answer this question: What is your favorite picnic side dish?
This prize pack has an ARV of over $400! You have until July 1 at 11:59 PM to enter by following our sponsors and bloggers on social media: