Today’s recipe is for Roquefort Pecan Finishing Butter; perfect for the final touch to your grilled steak, chicken, pork or even vegetables! It’s brought to you as part of #CookoutWeek! So, get those grills fired up! There are a lot of great recipes coming your way all this week. Plus! There is a fabulous giveaway!
This week, I’m joining forces with over 40 food blogger friends to bring you delicious recipes perfect for every backyard barbecue, picnic, summer party, or cookout.
The giveaway is featuring products from the brands who have made #CookoutWeek possible! You can enter below to win:
- From blog host The PinterTest Kitchen: $100 Amazon gift card, to use to buy all the supplies you need for your next cookout
- From our sponsor The French Farm: A gift pack of gourmet products hand-crafted by small businesses and using only the finest ingredients – La Favorita Genovese Pesto, Caprichos del Guadalquivir Cadenera Orange Marmalade, and L’Abeille Occitane Lavender Honey
- From our sponsor Smokin’-Os: A sampler pack of their “smokin’-os” wood rings, to help you add wood-fired, smokey taste to your grilled foods, even if you don’t own a smoker
- From our sponsor Primal Kitchen: $200 of Primal Kitchen goodies, including condiments made with avocado oil and bars and shakes with grass-fed collagen
- From our sponsor Langers Juice Company: Your choice of 10 bottles of Langers Juice, with flavors including traditional Apple and Grape, as well as interesting mixes such as Pineapple Orange Coconut, Cranberry Blood Orange, and Mango Peach
- From our sponsor True Made Foods: A 3-bottle sampler pack of sauces with real flavors made from real vegetables and less sugar – Ketchup, BBQ, and Veracha
This prize pack has an ARV of over $400! You have until July 1 at 11:59 PM to enter by following our sponsors and bloggers on social media:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
As one of the bonus entries in the giveaway, leave a comment on this blog post and answer this question: What is your favorite grilled food?
Roquefort Pecan Finishing Butter:
Finishing Butters, also called compound butter or beurre compos in French, are used to enhance the flavors of foods, like a sauce would.
Softened butter is mixed with other ingredients then formed and chilled prior to using. In this case, I have used Roquefort cheese and toasted pecan pieces in my butter. This very simple combination adds a ton of flavor to grilled foods!
For this post, I used it on big thick steaks, straight off the grill, but since then I have used it on grilled vegetables and it was amazing! I hope you’ll try it!
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup toasted pecan pieces
- Place the softened butter into a bowl and using a fork, mash the butter.
- Add the Roquefort cheese and pecan pieces and stir to combine.
- Place the butter mixture onto a piece of parchment paper and shape into a log.
- Roll the parchment paper around the log of butter and refrigerate until ready to use.
Stay tuned… remember, throughout the week, all of the participating bloggers will be posting delicious cookout recipes. Here are all the bloggers who are part of #CookoutWeek 2017:
The PinterTest Kitchen • 2 Cookin Mamas • A Day in the Life on the Farm • A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures • Amy’s Cooking Adventures • Ashees Cookbook • Baking Sense • Body Rebooted • Bottom Left of the Mitten • Chef Sarah Elizabeth • Cook’s Hideout • Cookaholic Wife • Cooking with Sapana • Eat, Drink, Be Healthy! • Fairyburger • Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice • Family Around the Table • Fix Me a Little Lunch • For the Love of Food • Full Belly Sisters • Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks • Home Sweet Homestead • Join Us, Pull up a Chair • Kate’s Recipe Box • Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats • Little House Big Alaska • My Southern Sweet Tooth • Our Good Life • Oven Tales By Syama • Palatable Pastime • Rants From My Crazy Kitchen • Savory Moments • Seduction in the Kitchen • Sidewalk Shoes • That Recipe • The Freshman Cook • The Mad Scientists Kitchen • The Pajama Chef • The Redhead Baker • The Saucy Southerner • The Spiffy Cookie • The Weekday Gourmet • Tramplingrose • Turnips 2 Tangerines • Uncle Jerry’s Kitchen