Toss everything into your Crock-Pot and let this Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup simmer to spicy perfection.
This is the fourth installment of a week full of super Super Bowl recipes, and this soup won’t disappoint. One of the best parts about it is the preparation is just so simple.
Besides cubing some chicken and dicing an onion, it’s just a matter of putting every other ingredient into your slow cooker. The ingredients include: cubed chicken, diced onion, enchilada sauce, mild green chiles, black beans, corn, cumin, coriander, oregano, garlic, cilantro and some water.
Dressing it up with garnishes of choice (like grated cheese, sour cream, pico de gallo, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped green onion, crushed tortilla chips, a scoop of guacamole), everyone can make this soup their own.
Throw on a big ol’ pot of soup for your Super Bowl crowd, or for anytime.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken, cubed
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 -19 ounce can enchilada sauce (I used verde for mine - and hot or mild is your choice, too)
- 1 -15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 -12 ounce bag frozen corn kernels (no need to thaw)
- 1 - 4 ounce can mild green chiles
- 2½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry cilantro leaves
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups water
- sat and ground black pepper, to taste
- Place all of the ingredients into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover the pot and set to cook on low for 8 hours.
- Adjust seasoning, as desired.
- Serve in bowls with desired garnishes (grated cheese, sour cream, pico de gallo, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped green onion, crushed tortilla chips, a scoop of guacamole).