Inspired by the flavors of the Southwest, this Egg Salad recipe isn’t your momma’s egg salad; instead it’s a new twist on a classic summer salad. Refreshing with a bit of zing, you should try my newest brainstorm.
Now, don’t get me wrong. I love the classic egg salad I make. I adore it, actually. When Mr. Saucy was away on a Buddy Boy Fishing Trip recently, I ate classic egg salad for four days. Four days!
But I was thinking about egg salad and I decided it was time to come up with a different version. This one was inspired by the flavors of the Southwest and by my recipe for Jalapeno Deviled Eggs. Of course, I had to change it up a bit, since egg salad lends itself to adding more chunks of stuff that crunches. I really like things that crunch.
So, for this egg salad version, I added minced red pepper and green onions along with the fresh cilantro, pickled jalapeno, and cumin. I also added ground coriander, for its wonderful lemony flavor.
Y’all. This. is. so. good. You must try it! It’s a really great Meatless Monday meal, or for any ol’ time!
- 6 large eggs, hard-cooked, peeled and mashed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced pickled jalapeno
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Place all of the ingredients into a medium-sized bowl and stir to combine.