How would you like to have dinner ready in about ten minutes…yes, TEN minutes! This super easy Black Bean Pasta Bowl recipe is the ticket! It’s a perfect go-to meal on a hectic weeknight, or anytime; it’s flavorful, filling and it’s meatless. It is a great dish to add to your Meatless Monday lineup.
This recipe could not be simpler. I kid you not. While the elbow macaroni is cooking, you open three cans: black beans, diced tomatoes with green chilies and tomato sauce. Dump them in a bowl, grate some cheese, add a bit of garlic powder, cumin and dry cilantro leaves. When the macaroni is cooked, drain it and add it to the bowl with the black bean mixture and stir. Optional garnishes of green onion and some guacamole and you’ve got yourself one fantastic pasta bowl.
Black beans are a great source for fiber and protein, so this simple pasta bowl is packed with nutrition. You must try this incredibly flavorful, easy meatless meal.
Do it. Tonight.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked according to package instructions for al dente
- 1 -15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 -10 ounce can tomatoes with green chilies (like Rotel brand), drained of liquid
- 1 -8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 ounces grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons dry cilantro leaves
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, filled with salted water, cook the elbow macaroni.
- While the macaroni is cooking open the cans of black beans, tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Drain and rinse the black beans and put them in a large bowl.
- Drain the liquid from the tomatoes and add them to the bowl.
- Add the tomato sauce, half of the cheddar cheese, cilantro, cumin and garlic powder.
- When the macaroni is cooked, drain the water and add the cooked macaroni to the bowl with the black bean mixture and stir to combine.
- Serve hot topped with the remaining cheddar cheese, and optional chopped green onions and guacamole as garnishes.