This Easy Low Carb Pie Crust recipe has just 4 ingredients, takes just minutes to make and it’s perfect for either sweet or savory pies! Add this to your healthy eating plan!
I was craving a pie. Since neither Mr. Saucy nor I are huge sweets addicts, I was craving a savory pie. And since Mr. Saucy has been doing so well with his low carb lifestyle, I wanted to have a pie crust recipe that was low carb.
This almond flour crust is really, really simple! Just mix almond flour, a bit of salt, melted butter and an egg in a bowl. Nothing fancy. No mixer, no food processor. I stirred it up with a fork!
Then, just press the pie crust into a pie plate, fork poke the bottom so it doesn’t puff up, bake it for 10 minutes and you’re ready to fill it with whatever you want!
I made a Quiche for us for supper; along with a salad, it was a great meal! I’ll be publishing the Quiche recipe tomorrow.
So, try this recipe! Cut the carbs and eat more pie!
- 2½ cups almond flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter (4 tablespoons) melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, add the almond flour and salt and stir to combine.
- Add the melted butter and stir to mix.
- Add the beaten egg and stir to combine, making sure that there are no clumps of almond flour remaining (the dough will be crumbly).
- Pour the dough into a 9 " deep dish pie plate and press it into the bottom and up the sides. The dough will come together when pressed.
- Using a fork, poke holes in the bottom of the crust.
- Place the pie plate into the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, fill with desired filing for baking.