This Ham Spinach Mushroom Quiche recipe is easy and a great way to use the Low Carb Pie Crust recipe I posted yesterday. Simple, flavorful and nutritious it makes for a great weeknight meal.
Yesterday I posted the recipe for this Easy Low Carb Pie Crust. It takes just minutes to prepare and pre-bake, then it’s ready to load with all of our favorite pie fillings.
For mine, I decided to make a Quiche to pair with a salad for our supper. First I pan-roasted mushrooms and onions, then I mixed those with eggs, cream, ham, frozen/thawed chopped spinach, Jarlsberg cheese, marjoram, dry mustard, salt and pepper.
While the Quiche, baked in a nine-inch deep-dish pie plate, takes an hour to bake, it’s worth the wait! This hearty meal is filling and nutritious, without the carbs you’d normally get when eating Quiche. Win!
I hope you’ll try it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup diced onion
- 7 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 8 ounces diced ham
- 5 ounces chopped frozen spinach (thawed)
- 3 ounces grated Jarlsberg cheese
- ½ teaspoon dry marjoram leaves
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, add the olive oil.
- Add the mushrooms and onions and saute about 10 minutes, or until the mushrooms are golden and crisp around the edges and the onions are cooked.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs.
- Using a wire whisk, beat the eggs for about 1 minute.
- Add the cream and beat to incorporate.
- Add the ham, spinach, cheese, marjoram, mustard powder, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Add the mushrooms and onions and stir to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into a 9 inch deep-dish pie plate that has been lined with a pie crust.
- Place the pie plate into the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until the egg mixture is fully set.
- Remove from oven, slice and serve.