Ever since this summer when my friend Rebecca posted a recipe for Egg and Olive Salad, I was obsessed. The flavor of those two just work so well to me. Recently, I needed an appetizer for card day with my girlfriends…and it hit me! Deviled Eggs! With Olives! So, using Rebecca’s egg salad as inspiration I came up with these…
I have to say, when I do these again, I’ll be chopping the olives a bit more on the fine side. When I started to pipe them into the egg whites, I was without a tip that had a large enough hole to not get clogged with the olive pieces.
I could have dumped the yolk mixture into a plastic bag with the corner tip cut off, but by then I was frustrated and running out of time. So…they are messy looking.
But let me tell you right now. They were delightful!
- 6 large eggs, hard-cooked, peeled, halved
- 3 jumbo queen olives, pimiento removed and reserved, olives chopped fine (this was about 2 tablespoons of chopped olive
- 1 teaspoon olive brine
- 1½ teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Remove the yolks from the halved eggs and place in a small bowl.
- Place the white halves on a serving plate.
- With a fork, mash the yolks until they are smooth.
- Add the brine, mustard, vinegar and mayonnaise to the mashed yolks and stir until well combined.
- Pipe (or spoon) the yolk mix into the egg white halves.
- Cut the reserved pimiento into small pieces and use as garnish on the eggs.