Nothin’ could be finer than to cool off from the sweltering heat, swingin’ on a porch seat, sippin’ lemonade. Except, maybe, if that lemonade had a little twist. And I’m not talkin’ a twist of lemon zest, either. Limoncello Lemonade, it makes the angels sing (at least to my ears).
I’m re-publishing this post because it is the perfect cure for the overnight transition we have had from a cooler than normal spring to blisteringly hot summer. The facts that it is only five ingredients, homemade lemonade, and a cocktail on a Friday make it all the more perfect!
As anyone who knows me will attest, I love a cocktail. Not too much of a good thing, mind you. Just a simple little elixir, for medicinal purposes…don’t ya’ know. Lemonade is so great to have when it gets hot out, so I had to come up with a cocktail version…well, just because. I decided to use a lemon flavored liqueur; I bought some Limoncino, which…can anyone clear up the difference between Limoncello and Limoncino? Is there one?
Anyway, here’s what I came up with, your five ingredients:
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Mandarin Orange Vodka
- Limoncello (lemon flavoured liqueur)
I have a pitcher of this beverage waitin’ in the refrigerator right now. When is cocktail hour?
Oh, and try it! You’ll like it!
- 2 cups water
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces Mandarin Orange vodka (You may use just regular flavored vodka, but I love the element that the mandarin orange flavor adds.)
- 4 ounces Limoncello (Limoncino), which is a lemon flavored liqueur.
- In a sauce pan, add the water and the sugar.
- Heat the ingredients until the sugar fully dissolves.
- Remove from heat and chill.
- Once chilled, pour into a pitcher along with some fresh lemon slices, add the lemon juice, vodka and the lemon liqueur.
- Add ice.
- Serve with a twist of lemon.