These Low Carb Crackers are perfect for Low Carb, Ketogenic, Gluten-Free and Paleo lifestyles! The easy recipe uses almond flour and a variety of seeds (or you can make them plain). You don’t have to skip the crackers this holiday! Make these simple delicious crackers and snack like everyone else!
Mr. Saucy has been working really hard on his weight and fitness in the last 3 months. I’m really proud of all that he’s accomplished! He works out every single day, walking miles on our treadmill; he’s been eating really healthy foods with an emphasis on lower carbs to help eliminate belly fat. And it’s worked! He has lost so many inches I scarcely know him. And he is within a pound or two of his goal weight.
While he really hasn’t missed any foods and he hasn’t been hungry, both of us wanted crackers to snack on with cheese. After several attempts at an almond flour cracker, I am finally happy with this one!
I included ground flax and flax seeds, black sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds in this version. These aren’t essential to the finished cracker, but I love seedy crackers. You can leave them out if you choose.
Almond flour is combined with baking soda, salt, egg, oil and water. The crackers are rolled really thin between two sheets of parchment paper, scored for easy breaking, salted and baked. That’s all there is to them!
I hope you’ll try them!
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 2 beaten eggs
- ¼ cup neutral oil (like canola, or grape seed)
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine the almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir to combine.
- Add the pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, ground flax, sesame seeds and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, add the eggs, oil and water and beat to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into the cracker mixture and stir to combine.
- Cut three pieces of parchment paper large enough for a baking sheet (mine is 13"x18").
- Place two of the pieces of parchment on the counter and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Place half of the cracker dough on each sheet and press into the rectangle.
- Spray the third sheet of parchment paper with cooking spray, and using the sprayed side down on the first rectangle of dough, roll the dough out until very thin (about ⅛th of an inch).
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper, sprinkle with salt and using a bench knife, or pizza cutter, score lines in the dough for easy of breaking. Repeat with the second piece of dough.
- Slide the prepared dough along with the bottom parchment onto baking sheets.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking pan.
- Remove to a rack to cool completely.
- Break apart and store in an airtight container.