My favorite decadent cocktail, the Mudslide, brought to life in an unbelievably simple, no-churn chocolate-y ice cream! Y’all! You will scream for this ice cream! Day two of #Choctoberfest is here with the fabulous giveaway. Go ahead! Check it out!
I have been dying. Dying, I tell you! Why? Because I am so excited to bring you this recipe! It is just out of this world! Of course, it’s boozy…because it’s based on a cocktail! And because…I love boozy things. Right?
For those of you not familiar with The Mudslide, I’m so sorry. But there’s time to try one! It is a dessert cocktail that makes me weep tears of joy. It is so rich. So decadent. It’s icy cold. And it’s a grown-up version of a milkshake. The actual drink has vodka, Kahlua, Bailey’s Irish Cream and cream (or ice cream for the frozen version).
This no-churn ice cream version of the Mudslide doesn’t use vodka, just the Kahlua and Bailey’s, but it has chocolate! Because? Because of course it does! It’s the only thing that could make a Mudslide any better! Chocolate appears in two forms: In the simple fudge sauce recipe I posted yesterday, and in semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Okay, so here’s how easy it is to make: Whip some heavy whipping cream into stiff peaks; fold in some sweetened condensed milk; add chocolate, fudge sauce, Kahlua and Bailey’s and stir to incorporate. Then you just pour it into a loaf pan, stick it in the freezer and five hours later you have it! The most amazing and awesome and light and creamy Mudslide Ice Cream! *dead*
Oh, and drizzle on some extra fudge sauce for *totally dead*.
You must try it. You really must!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 - 14.5 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup fudge sauce (see my post from yesterday for a simple 3 ingredient version)
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 2 tablespoons Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, add the heavy cream and beat until there are stiff peaks.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and gently fold it into the whipped cream, just until incorporated.
- Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips, fudge sauce, Kahlua and Bailey's and fold to mix.
- Pour into a 9 inch by 5 inch loaf pan.
- Pour a swirl of fudge sauce over the top.
- Place the loaf pan in the freezer for about 5 hours.
- When ready to serve, scoop into bowls, or cones, drizzle with fudge sauce and serve.
This post is, of course, part of #Choctoberfest with Imperial Sugar. And there is a fantastic giveaway associated with the event. Check out this post for the giveaway details and check out the other amazing chocolate recipes linked below, submitted by fellow #Choctoberfest bloggers!