It’s officially summer and it is salad time! This Sweet Corn, Tomato and Goat Cheese Salad is so refreshing, so simple, so filled with herby goodness that it is just the ticket for a change of pace salad offering.
Once grilling season starts, which by my definition is the first day over 70 degrees, I start making salads to accompany our grilled meals. My go-to salad is, of course, my Southern-Style Mustard Potato Salad; I have to admit I’m rather a fanatic about it. Mr. Saucy, on the other hand, gets a bit over it by the time actual summer rolls around. Because of that, I am always trying to find new salads to add to our salad eatin’ days.
We both just adore every single thing in this salad. Fresh sweet corn, red ripe Roma tomatoes, goat cheese, herbs, and red wine vinegar are all combined to make an amazing mix of flavor and texture that will excite your taste buds.
If you’re looking for a different salad to make, try this one. You won’t be disappointed.
- 4 ears sweet corn, cleaned, wrapped in wet paper towel and microwaved on high for 4 minutes, let cool and cut from cob
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Serve immediately, or chilled.