Today, let’s cover the letter C. C is for Cookie, that’s good enough for me. Cookie, cookie, cookie starts with C. And so does Chocolate. And Chewy. Without a doubt, this Cookie is the most thiCk and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie ever. And then I threw in some maCadamia nuts for Crunch, and a “Cee-cret” ingredient which also begins with C. C is covered. See?
I don’t eat many cookies, but when I eat a chocolate chip cookie I want it to be thick and chewy; not spread out and thin and crispy. Give me a big, fat cookie, chock-full of chips, please! Look, I know there are those of you who are fans of the flat chocolate chip cookie, and that’s all well and good; I’ll love you just the same. To each his own in the cookie department, I say. But if your dream chocolate chip cookie is like my dream chocolate chip cookie, then I’ve got the recipe for you!
Like all chocolate chip cookie recipes, what you put in them is completely determined by what you love. I used both white and semi-sweet chocolate chips in these to appeal to all of you chocoholics out there. If you prefer one over the other? Just use the kind you like best.
Nuts or no nuts? You decide. I decided to use macadamia nuts because I love a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie. Normally, I don’t put nuts in cookies. Or fudge. Or brownies. But I really wanted them in these cookies. If you like nuts, put in what you like, pecans, walnuts, pistachios…whatever. Or, leave them out.
Next, I added just a tiny titch of cinnamon. Yes, in a chocolate chip cookie. Because? You ask? Well, because that little hint of cinnamon in them really enhances the chocolate flavour. And because it sets these chocolate chip cookies apart from the ordinary. It makes them speshul! C?
Coerce starts with C too. Make them! *wink*
p.s.: If you are now humming the Cookie Monster C is for Cookie song? I’m happy to have planted the ear worm. You’re welcome.
- 8 tablespoons butter (not unsalted) = a full stick
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (this is by weight = about 1 cup)
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips (this is by weight = about 1 cup)
- 4 ounces macadamia nuts, coarse chopped (about ¾ cup)
- In the bowl of your mixer, add butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar, and beat until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla, beat to thoroughly mix.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking soda and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the mixing bowl and beat to combine.
- Using a very sturdy spatula or wooden spoon, fold the two cups of chocolate chips and nuts into the dough.
- Scoop a rounded tablespoonful of the dough and place onto parchment lined baking sheet. You don't need a lot of space between the cookies, since they don't flatten out. So space about 2 inches apart.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown and slightly underdone.
- Remove to a rack to cool completely.