Oh, glory! Are these Peanut Butter Cup Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies good? You betcha they are! Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, coarsely chopped, along with semi-sweet chocolate chunks, made with a thick and chewy dough they are the best combination of a peanut butter and a chocolate chip cookie. Ever.
I recently spent the afternoon with my girlfriend, Pat. We did all the girly things like lunching and shopping for shoes; then, we went to the new (relatively but I never get to Knoxville) Trader Joe’s. What a great place that is. I found some of the most delightful things there!
First on the list were these amazing crackers…Raisin and Rosemary Crisps. Oh, man. Talk about falling over dead with joy. Pat had already tried them and said they were really great with brie, so I bought some too. I had a ton of brie in the refrigerator and thought they would make an excellent snack. Yeah, so…they were unbelievably good. And well…I may have eaten the entire box. By myself. Without ever cracking open the brie. Or not….but I’m not tellin’.
The second thing I found was a container of DARK chocolate peanut butter cups! Oh…yikes…of course I had to buy them. I mean…you all really needed another cookie recipe, right? And far be it from me to keep that from you. I’m considerate like that. *wink*
So, this cookie was born. It really is a great combination of peanut butter and chocolate. Because you chop up the peanut butter cups (and you could certainly use milk chocolate peanut butter cups), the peanut butter kind of melts out into the dough when they bake. That makes them taste a lot like a peanut butter cookie. But then, you have great chunks of chocolate too. All of that in a thick and chewy cookie…why, if you’re not ready to go whip up a batch right. this. second…I have nothing more to say.
These are a must in your cookie repertoire.
- 8 tablespoons butter (not unsalted) = a full stick
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- In the bowl of your mixer, add butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar, and beat until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla, beat to thoroughly mix.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour,and baking soda and stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the mixing bowl and beat to combine.
- Using a very sturdy spatula or wooden spoon, fold the peanut butter cup pieces and the chocolate chips into the dough.
- Scoop a rounded tablespoonful of the dough and place onto parchment lined baking sheet (they will be about golf ball-size). You don’t need a lot of space between the cookies, since they don’t flatten out. So space about 2 inches apart.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown and slightly underdone.
- Remove to a rack to cool completely.