Light and refreshing, this Cantaloupe Gazpacho recipe is just the ticket for the tail end of Spring and Summer when the weather begins to heat up. Fruit soups are this month’s theme for Soup Saturday Swappers.
This month is hosted by Camilla at Culinary Adventures with Camilla, who tasked us with making fruit soups. Since I’ve posted a Watermelon Berry Gazpacho in the past, I thought I’d try one using another melon, Cantaloupe.
Cantaloupe, cucumber, strawberries, orange juice, orange zest and some honey are combined for this soup. And you really have to love a recipe that requires no cooking! All the ingredients are thrown in the food processor and blended, and it’s done! What a bonus!
This soup is a great breakfast, brunch recipe. It would also be perfect for a light supper, paired with a salad, for those hot summer nights. I hope you’ll give it a try.
- 1 cantaloupe, peeled and cubed (about 6 cups), reserve some melon balls for garnish, if desired
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled and cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place all of the ingredients, except reserve melon balls for garnish) into the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse to puree, but not completely to a liquid. You want there to be a bit of texture remaining.
- Remove to a bowl or pitcher, cover to chill.
- Serve cold.
Check out all the other Fruit Soups in the links below: