This recipe for Schnapps Peaches and Creamsicles is the second installment in what I like to call Boozy Pops. Just for grown-ups, these popsicles are peachy and creamy, slightly boozy and the perfect way to thumb your nose at the Dog Days of Summer.
So, when I posted my recipe for Kahlua Fudgesicles, I said I had a bunch of ideas for more boozy pops! This is the second in a series of Boozy Pops I have coming for you, so I hope you’ll stay tuned!
I ordered new popsicle molds because the ones I had were very difficult to work with in many ways. I wanted molds that I could unmold easily; I wanted molds that I could use regular popsicle sticks in (my old ones had plastic sticks built into the lids and the sticks were too short); I wanted molds with lids, and I wanted no plastic. This Onyx Stainless Steel Popsicle Mold set is a dream come true!
Not only are they easy to unmold, they use wooden craft/popsicle sticks (readily found at craft stores or online), they are stainless steel, and once you eat one of the popsicles, you can refill it and put it back in the tray to freeze another one for you! I love them! It’s one of the best gadget purchases I’ve made in a long time!
Now, on to the recipe. For the Schnapps Peaches and Creamsicles I used fresh peaches, but you could certainly use frozen. For the boozy part, as is evident from the name, I used Peach Schnapps. I think these would be awesome with vanilla vodka too. I chose the Schnapps because it’s already syrup-sweet and I could use less sugar.
I brightened the flavor of the peaches by adding some orange zest to the mixture. I think it really added a lot, so don’t leave that out.
This recipe is really easy, and is ready for the freezer quickly once the peaches have macerated for a bit in some sugar. This step helps draw out the natural juices of the peaches. It’s worth the wait. If your peaches are very ripe, and now they are at their peak of peach deliciousness, it won’t take long. About 20 minutes or so.
It’s the Dog Days of Summer. Don’t let that bother you. Whip up a batch of these boozy pops to help you through the heat.
- 1 cup peaches (fresh or thawed frozen), peeled and diced small (about ¼ inch)
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- ¼ teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- ¼ teaspoon butter
- ⅓ cup peach schnapps
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the diced peaches (and any juice from dicing) into a small bowl.
- Sprinkle on 2 tablespoons of the sugar and stir to combine. Allow to sit for about 20 minutes.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, over low heat, add the milk, the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and the corn starch and whisk to combine.
- Increase the heat to medium and continue whisking until the mixture thickens (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Add the butter and stir to melt the butter.
- Add the schnapps and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add the peaches and their juice and fold into the cream mixture.
- Allow to cool slightly, pour into a measuring cup (or a small pitcher with a spout) for ease of pouring into the popsicle molds.
- Pour the mixture into the molds, insert sticks and freeze (about 4 hours).
I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from the following links.
The Saucy Southerner is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Amazon offers a small commission on products sold through their affiliate links. Each of your purchases via our Amazon affiliation links supports our cause at no additional cost to you.