It’s Valentine’s week and I couldn’t let it pass without offering you something sweet for you to make for your sweet. Even if that sweet is YOU! These truffles are absolutely, without a doubt, no kidding, cross my Valentine hearts, the easiest dad blurned things EVER. And they are chocolate. Nuff said.
Look, I mean it here. If you have never, ever made candies before, you really have not. one. single. excuse. now. Are you listening? These are simple! Not only that, oh, my land alive…are they ever good.
Make them. Do it. And happy Valentine’s Day…you all make my heart so glad; just like these truffles will do for you.
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 6 ounces dark chocolate (you could use semi-sweet chips - I used 85% cacao bars)
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua (or any coffee liqueur, or vanilla, or strong coffee)
- Colored sugars and jimmies
- In your food processor, or your mixer, cream the butter and sugar.
- In a small bowl, using medium heat in your microwave, melt the chocolate (my microwave took 2 minutes)
- Add the chocolate and the Kahlua to the butter, sugar mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until firm.
- Scoop and roll into balls (I used gloved hands so the chocolate didn't melt).
- Roll the balls into the candy jimmies.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container.