Do you love chocolate? Do you adore Nutella? Do you want delicious-ready-in-under-thirty-minutes chocolate cookies made with Nutella? Well, then…here you are, this recipe is for you! These bite-sized pieces of delight are simple to make, have only five ingredients and taste like a chocolate dream!
I decided that I wanted to do a Five Ingredient Friday that was more dessert-ish. So, I did a search for chocolate cookies with five ingredients; I found this recipe in that search. Here was my thought process when I read the recipe: “Oh, wow! Nutella! Don’t those sound just fabulous! Sea salt on chocolate? Delicious! Oh, my gosh! This recipe is by Chef Fabio Viviani? Okay…what could be better than chocolate with sea salt? Well, chocolate with sea salt cookie presented via a fabulously handsome chef with the most darling accent would be better! I’m making them!”
I enjoy sweets, just not that often; generally when I bake, the shop folks are the beneficiaries of my efforts since Mr. Saucy and I wouldn’t be able to consume whatever it is before it would spoil. Well, let me tell you right now…they are not seeing one. single. cookie. from. this. batch. Not one! Nary a morsel!
The recipe is simple. The five ingredients are:
- Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Coarse Sea Salt (I used flaked)
The description said that the recipe made 12-18 cookies, depending upon the size of the scoop you use. I decided to make bite-sized cookies, so I used a 1 inch melon baller for a rounded scoop; this yielded 28 mini cookies.
You really need to make these cookies! That is all.
- 1 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, like Nutella
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup flour
- coarse sea salt (I used flaked)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, combine Nutella, brown sugar, and egg.
- Mix on low-speed, until blended.
- Slowly add the flour and mix just until a dough is formed. Do NOT over-mix.
- Scoop cookies onto a sheet tray lined with parchment paper (I used a 1" melon scoop for bite-sized cookies).
- Top each with a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool cookies before removing from sheet tray.