This recipe for a Pepperoni Cheese Ball is like having a pizza to spread on crackers. It’s a perfect appetizer for your Christmas and holiday gatherings, and beyond. Cream cheese and ricotta, pepperoni, black olives, pepperoncini and green onions; garlic and Dijon mustard…prepare for it to disappear.
Mr. Saucy and I had some friends over for an Italian-inspired supper the other night, and I decided to whip up a quick cheese ball for our appetizer. This is the result. It was fabulous and it really did just vanish! Quickly!
Of course, it was delicious, but the colors were very holiday-ish, too. I can’t say enough good things about it. So, just try it! You’ll love it!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup ricotta cheese (I used whole milk ricotta, skim will work)
- ¾ cup chopped pepperoni
- ¼ cup diced green onions
- 2 tablespoons diced pepperoncini
- 2 tablespoons diced black olives
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- In the bowl of a mixer or a food processor, add the cream cheese and ricotta.
- Mix or pulse until smooth.
- Remove the cream cheese mixture to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Using a rubber spatula, scoop out and form into a ball, placing it on a plate.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate to chill.
- Serve with crackers for spreading.