This is one of the most refreshing salads ever. I made it last year, but never published it…mainly because it’s so simple, it seemed silly to do so. Watermelon and tomatoes crisp and cold are the perfect answer for a hot holiday weekend, though. So, here it is!
I’m almost embarrassed to put this in a recipe format. It’s the easiest salad…and so vibrant in color and flavour. You might be wondering about the combination of watermelon and tomatoes, but it really works! Trust me! Add it to your next picnic table, you won’t regret it!
ps: I entered this salad in Summer Salad Sundays. Go check out their great posts!
- 1 red tomato cubed
- 1 yellow tomato, cubed
- 1 cucumber, peeled (leaving small stripes of peel), cubed
- 3 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons basil, cut in a chiffonade
- ½ cup bleu cheese (Gorgonzola or Roquefort, etc) crumbled
- a drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve icy cold.