Anyone can pop open a can of mixed nuts and throw them in a bowl for a party; you, however, can be different. With about thirty minutes of preparation time, you can surprise your party guests with these wonderful, spicy, party nuts. They also make excellent food gifts for your friends.
I’ve been making versions of these nuts for years, and always to rave reviews. They are ever so simple to make, take mere minutes, and are sure to be a delight for everyone.
They are adaptable to whatever nuts are your favourties, too. Normally, I use cashews, pecans and peanuts, but you use whatever nuts you wish. I have one friend who is particularly fond of pecans :::coughDonnacough::: so I add more of them for her.
Roasted with butter, fresh rosemary, garlic salt, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce, they have a bit of zing. You can give them a little bit more heat with the addition of a bit of cayenne pepper, but that’s optional.
Whip some of these up for your next gathering.
- 1 pound unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 pound unsalted roasted cashews
- 1½ pounds pecans (raw)
- 1 stick butter (8 tablespoons), melted
- 1½ tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large roasting pan, or on a baking sheet, place the nuts.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the melted butter, garlic salt, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary and cayenne pepper.
- Pour over the nuts and toss to coat well with butter mixture.
- Place the baking pan in the preheated oven and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on layered paper towel, or brown paper.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.