Is it for brunch? Is it for lunch? Is it for dessert? Is it for a midnight snack? Why, yes. Yes, it is! It may not leap tall buildings in a single bound, but it’s the super sandwich: Grilled Brie Banana Nutella Sandwich to the rescue!
How do you turn a grilled cheese sandwich into a sweet treat? Well, it’s not hard at all. Take a banana and a bit of Nutella, then round-up the usual suspects of bread, butter, and cheese (in this case, some brie); combine them all and you have created a superhero sandwich.
Why, after eating this decadent delight, you could save the world! Or take a nap. Or both! Sure, do both! After all, there is nothing superhero can’t do!
- PER SANDWICH:
- Two slices of crusty bread (I used sliced French Boule)
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces brie (rind cut off and sliced)
- 4 tablespoons Nutella spread
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced length-wise
- In a skillet, over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with 1 tablespoon each slice with Nutella.
- Take each slice of bread and dip the plain side in the melted butter until completely coated with butter.
- Leave each slice of bread, buttered side down, in the skillet.
- Place a slice of brie on each piece of bread (the Nutella side will be facing up).
- Spread another tablespoon of Nutella on each slice of brie.
- On one piece of the bread, lay the sliced banana.
- The cheese and the Nutella will melt as the sandwich toasts in the butter.
- When golden brown on the bottoms of the bread slices, take the side without the banana and lay it, (Nutella side down) on the other half.
- With a heavy spatula, press the sandwich to "glue" the sides together with the melted cheese and Nutella.
- Remove to a plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm.