This recipe for Pimento Cheese Hummus is the marriage of two of my very favorite things. Pimento Cheese is made healthier and more nutritious, while hummus is studded with sweet pimento and cheddar cheese. This union was made in what I’d consider food heaven.
Considering my fondness (read absolute love) of both, I don’t know why I never thought of this combination before, but I’m exceedingly happy I have! Perfect as a dip with vegetables or crackers, or used as a sandwich spread, Pimento Cheese Hummus will fill you up in the most delightful way (making it a great addition to your Meatless Monday lineup).
If you like either or both, you need to make this recipe. You really do.
- 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 small cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- olive oil, drizzled in to desired consistency
- 2 ounces diced pimentos
- 1½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- Place the garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- With the processor running, drizzle in enough olive oil to reach your desired consistency.
- Place the hummus into a small bowl and stir in the pimento and cheese.
- Serve with vegetables, crackers or bread of your choice.